Dr. Murad thinks the same is true (with the name of the conference changed) for Eureka's Global Biotechnology Congress 2016, to be held in Boston (where he will again be a Conference President). The same words also appear in a Welcome Note for the "The 7th International Conference on Drug Discovery and Therapy, which, yes, "should provide eminent scientists the opportunity to present their cutting edge researches ...." These conferences, Dr. Murad assures us, are "important," exciting." and, of course, "scientific events."
By May 31, 2016, the connection to Eureka Science had become harder to detect. They no longer were part of the spam and were buried on the drug conference website. Indeed, even the name of the conference changed slightly (to Drug Discovery and Therapy World Congress 2016). The advertised speakers are
A similar cast of plenary speakers are listed for the Global Biotechnology Conference 2017. As of 10/18/16, "Nobel Laureate Ferid Murad, M.D." is President of an unenumerated "Organizing Committee." His name, followed by those of Nobel Laureates Sidney Altman and Roger Tsien comprise the plenary speaker list. The keynote speakers are Andrew Johnson (NIH), Shuji Ogino (Dana Farber Cancer Institute), M. Amin Arnaout (Mass General Hospital), and Guangping Gao (U Mass Med Sch) . An "Invited Speaker Academic" gets to pay up to $1090 in registration fees, and an "Invited Speaker Corporate" has the honor of paying up to $1690. And if Eureka does not deliver on the promised speakers--indeed, if it cancels all or part of the conference--it "shall not be liable ... under any theory of law" and will not refund your full payment.
- Ferid Murad (President)
- Ada E. Yonath (Nobel Laureate)
- Ei-ichi Negishi (Nobel Laureate)
- Sidney Altmani (Nobel Laureate)
- Charles N. Serhan, Harvard Medical School
- Allan L. Goldstein, GWU School of Medicine
- Gregory L. Verdine, Harvard University
- Ali Khademhosseini, Harvard Medical School
- Dimiter S Dimitrov, NIH
- Jeffrey Skolnick, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Rakesh Kumar, GWU School of Medicine
- William Weglicki, Children's National Medical Center
- Simon C. Robson, Harvard Medical School
- Peixuan Guo, OSU College of Pharmacy and College of Medicine
- Gautam Chaudhury [sic], UCLA School of Medicine
- 6/25/16: Dear Dr. Kaye, In my capacity as the Track Chair of the " Global Biotechnology Congress 2016”, fourth in the series, to be held in Boston, USA from August 22nd – 25th, 2016, I would like to invite you to participate and deliver a Session Lecture (lecture duration: 20 minutes) for the track is “Medical Biotechnology" at this event. ... For your potential interest to deliver a Session lecture for the track “is Medical Biotechnology” at GBC 2016, please send your abstract for consideration at GBC.COM. ... After assessment of the suitability of your abstract, the decision to accept or reject will be duly conveyed to you. This will be followed by your prompt completion of the registration formalities. You may download the PDF version of the registration form and email it to email@example.com or fax it back to 1-857-2398801 ( USA ). As soon as your payment is processed, you will receive a confirmation within 7 days. Moreover, you are expected to arrange for your registration, accommodation and travel expenses yourself. Looking forward to hearing from you soon. With kind regards, Sincerely, Dr. Angelo Facchiano, Institute of Food Science, CNR-National Research Council, Avellino, Italy, Track Chair, GBC 2016
- 10/18/16: Dear Dr.Kaye, After the success of “Global Biotechnology Congress 2016” the “Global Biotechnology Congress 2017” will be held in Boston, USA, from July 10th to 13th, 2017. This event aims to highlight the translational nature of modern biotechnological research, with emphasis on both basic and applied science. ... The principal goal ... will be to present some of the latest outstanding breakthroughs ... and to open up avenues for research collaborations at regional and global level. Prof. Ferid Murad (Nobel Laureate) and Prof. Atta-ur-Rahman, FRS are the conference Co-Presidents. To date several Nobel Laureates and other eminent scientists have shown a keen interest to present Plenary and Keynote Lectures at the event. ... [O]nly the best abstracts will be selected. The abstracts of the conference and a selection of the proceedings will be published in a high Impact Factor journal by an international publisher. ... Sincerely, Organizing Secretariat, Global Biotechnology Congress 2017
- From: 8th ICDDT [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Tue 3/6/2018 2:38 AM
Subject: 8th-INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON DRUG DISCOVERY AND THERAPY
It is our great pleasure to announce the "8th International Conference on Drug Discovery and Therapy" (8th ICDDT) to be held in the Bangkok, Thailand from February 13th to 15th, 2019, with Dr. Ferid Murad, Nobel Laureate and Prof. Atta-ur-Rahman, FRS are the two co-presidents of this conference.
The 8th ICDDT will highlight cutting-edge advances in all major disciplines of Drug Discovery and Drug Therapy. ... The 8th ICDDT will be unique in promoting the translational nature of modern biomedical and pharmaceutical research, with both scientists and clinicians associated with either patient care or with drug discovery research. A number of Nobel Laureates will deliver keynote lectures at the conference. ... The 8th ICDDT will also provide a forum for in-depth assessment of the challenges involved in the dynamic and fast moving fields of drug discovery and therapy.
The previous seven conferences of this series of events were held in Dubai from 2008 to 2017. Thirty-five Nobel Laureates and more than 10,000 international delegates have participated in these conferences! They were outstanding successes by all accounts. ... This is an incredible opportunity to showcase your basic research, clinical findings and practices in the various thematic sessions (stated below), covering both pre-clinical and clinical research. ... [O]nly the best abstracts will be selected. The abstracts of the conference and a selection of the proceedings will be published in a high Impact Factor journal by an international publisher. We suggest all interested participants to register and book their hotel as early as possible.
Please join us in Bangkok for both work and enjoyment in February 2019 to explore a plethora of information on current research in drug discovery and therapy and to network with fellow academics and industrial researchers.
DEADLINE FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION: December 31, 2018
Registration to the conference also includes daily refreshments. Sponsorship and exhibition opportunities are also available, for details please contact email@example.com We look forward to welcoming you at the 8th ICDDT!
Organizing Secretariat, ICDDT, PO Box 7917, Saif Zone, Sharjah, UAE., Tel: +971-6-5575783, Fax: + 971-6-5571134, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org