Sunday, July 12, 2020

Remarks on BIT Conferences from Attendees


The vast majority of the postings on Flaky Academic Conferences are responses to spam to attend conferences whose quality, judging from the spam and the websites, is open to question. Occasionally, I hear from people who attended or come across comments from actual attendees posted elsewhere on the Web. The following are replies on Researchgate.net to Jessica Lilian Bell of Martin Luther University, Halle-Wittenberg. She asked:
Is the BIT World cancer congress (http://www.bitlifesciences.com/cancer2014/) a legitimate conference. If so, what is it like?
She was suspicious because she "was invited to go give a talk, but still have to pay for half the costs." Three people related their experiences:
  • I already attended once, will not ever do it again. It's all business not science. --Carolina SantamarĂ­a-Ulloa, University of Costa Rica, Feb. 26, 2016
  • I also get many invitations from them. As a matter of fact, I attended once too in Dalian. Conference actually takes place at the venue and delegates are also around but they just need money for everything from registration to hotel (if you opt for it). They have packages, you can select. They provide the facilities you select in the package. Even the hotel is five star. No problem.
    If you are interested in sight seeing, you can go separately. NO need to pay them unnecessary. Now whenever I get an invitation, I just ask them to pay for my visit and cover all my expenses right from the air ticket to accommodation. Then they will not bother you except the one mail that they cannot do this because of financial constraints and all excuses. I just write them if you want to call me as a speaker, just arrange my visit. That's it.
    Next time u get an invite, try this. Hopefully you may get a sponsored trip. :) --Alok Nahata, Harisingh Gour University, Oct, 12, 2017
  • Yes its true they are just cheaters, I have attended to WCC 2107 Barcelona, Spain. Once I went their I found that my Abstract was not in the proceeding booklet. Which they later admitted as their mistake and promised me to refund my registration fee, which I haven't received yet. It is fraud institution for sure. --Nekadage Don Amal Wageesha, Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka, Dec, 14, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment