A main purpose ... is to foster knowledge integration processes, interdisciplinary communication, and integration of academic Activities. Based on 1) the trandisciplinarity of the systemic approach along with its essential characteristic of emphasizing relationships and integrating processes, and 2) on the multidisciplinary support of informatics concepts, notions, theories, technologies, and tools, the IIIS has been organizing in its initial phase multidisciplinary conferences as a platform for fostering inter-disciplinary communication and knowledge integration processes. In many senses, Intra- and Inter-disciplinary Communications are polar opposites. They do not contradict, but complement, each other. Table 1 schematically contrasts characteristics of both kinds of academic communication. Up to the present, the IIIS has been using the format of conversational sessions to support interdisciplinary communications processes. Table 2 schematically contrasts characteristics of both kinds of academic communications. As a second phase, IIIS is starting a process of written interdisciplinary communication via special issues in its journals, short monographs, multiple author books, etc. Multi-disciplinary conferences are organized by the IIIS as support for both intra- and inter-disciplinary communication. Processes of intra-disciplinary communication are mainly achieved via traditional paper presentations in corresponding disciplines, while conversational sessions regarding trans- and interdisciplinary topics are means for inter-disciplinary communications. Intra- and inter-disciplinary communications might generate co-regulative cybernetic loops, via negative feedback, and synergic effects, via positive feedback loops, in which both kinds of communications could increase their respective effectiveness. Figure 1 shows at least two cybernetic loops ...Loopy indeed.
The "institute" appears be located in Caracas. A web page gives a "postal address" of 13750 West Colonial Dr, Suite 350 - 408 Winter Garden, Florida 34787 U.S.A., but the domain iiis.org is registered to Int'l Inst. of Informatics & Systemics, Torre Prof. La California, Suite PH-4, Av. Fco. de Miranda, La California Norte, Caracas, Venezuela, +58.2129621325, IIIS-Adm@iiis.org. The spam includes another Caracas address.
- Date: 9/22/17, 2:22 am
From: PISTA 2018 <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: 1st CFP - Politics and Informatics (July 8-11, 2018)
Please consider contributing by submitting an article to the Special Track on Politics and Information Systems, Technologies and Applications: PISTA 2018 (http://www.2018iiisconf.org/pista), being organized in the context of the 12th International Multi-Conference on Society, Cybernetics, and Informatics (IMSCI 2018), to be held on July 8 - 11, 2018, in Orlando, Florida, USA, jointly with:
• The Special Track on Social and Organizational Informatics and Cybernetics: SOIC 2018
• The Special Track on Qualitative Research, Modeling, and Methodologies: QRMSE 2018
• The Symposium on Innovation and Entrepreneurship: SIE 2018
• The 22nd World Multi-Conference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics: WMSCI 2018
The respective web sites of the above events and the others being jointly organized can be found at the general CFP posted at: http://www.2018iiisconf.org/cfp-summer2018.asp
To submit your article, please click the "Authors" tab on the conference website. Submissions for face-to-face and virtual presentations are both accepted.
The deadlines for this first CFP are the following: • October 10th, 2017: Article submissions • October 10th, 2017: Invited session proposals • November 23rd, 2017: Notifications of acceptance • December 14th, 2017: Uploading of camera-ready or final version
IMSCI/PISTA and all its collocated events are being indexed by Elsevier's SCOPUS since 2005. The 2018 proceedings will also be sent to Elsevier's SCOPUS.
Authors of early submissions to PISTA 2018 (or any of its collocated events) and, consequently, of early acceptances and registrations will be:
a Considered in the selection of keynote speakers because this selection will need additional reviews.
b. Invited for submitting a second paper on special topics; which, if accepted, will require no additional fee for its presentation. These topics, which will be selected by the Organizing Committee, are very important topics, but are not necessarily among the usual grants priorities. The IIIS will finance this kind of papers which are important for many authors but are not among the priorities of policy makers in organizations which might financially be supporting participations in conferences.
Details about the following issues have also been included at the URLs given above:
• Pre- and post-conference virtual sessions.
• Virtual participation.
• Two-tier reviewing combining double-blind and non-blind methods.
• Access to reviewers’ comments and evaluation average.
• Waiving the registration fee of effective invited session organizers.
• Best papers awards.
• Publication of best papers in the Journal of Systemics, Cybernetics, and Informatics (JSCI), which is indexed in EBSCO, Cabell, DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals), and Google Scholar, and listed in Cabell Directory of Publishing Opportunities and in Ulrich’s Periodical Directory. (All papers to be presented at the conference will be included in the conference printed and electronic proceedings)
Please consider forwarding to the appropriate groups who might be interested in submitting contribution to the above mentioned collocated events. New information and deadlines are posted on the conference and the IIIS web site (especially at the URL provided above).
Best regards, PISTA 2018 Organizing Committee
If you wish to be removed from this mailing list, you may unsubscribe here. If you have difficulty with the unsubscribe link, you may also send an e-mail to email@example.com with REMOVE MLCONFERENCES in the subject line. Address: C.C. El Placer II, Suites 5 & 7, Caracas, Venezuela.
- Date: 10/2/17
From: IREPS/RC 2018 <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Re: CFP - Relating Academic Activities, Research and Consulting, or Research and Practice - March 13-16, 2018
Please consider to contribute by submitting an article for the special tracks(s):
• Integrating Academic Activities: Research, Education and Real Life Problem Solving: IREPS 2018
• Research and Consulting, Research via consulting and consulting via research: R&C 2018
These special tracks are being organized in the context of the 9th International Multi-Conference on Complexity, Informatics and Cybernetics: IMCIC 2018, to be held on March 13 - 16, 2018, in Orlando, Florida, USA
Your contribution might be on specific cases or general experience-based reflections on the importance of relating academic activities among themselves or with practice, consulting, industry or society at large (IREPS/RC 2018, http://www.2018iiisconf.org/cfp-iaa2018.asp).
Submission deadline: October 20th, 2017. Other deadlines, as well as the URLs of the different events, are provided at the general CFP provided at the web page given above. To submit your article, please send an abstract (200-400 words) or an extended abstract (400-1000 words) attached to an email addressed to: ireps (at) iiis.org. This event will include at least one plenary keynote address, conversational session(s), presentation session(s) of the articles submitted and accepted as a consequence of this specific Call for Articles.
1. All accepted and presented full papers (2000-5000 words) will be included in the IMCIC 2018 proceedings.
2. A special issue of the Journal of Systemics, Cybernetics, and Informatics (JSCI) will be published on Integrating Academic Activities: Research, Education and Real Life Problem Solving and/or on Research and Consulting, if an adequate number of articles are submitted, accepted and, consequently, presented at the conference (an example can be found at http://www.2018iiisconf.org/JSCIPast.asp?Issue=ISS1607. Otherwise, best papers and papers accepted by the reviewers of the Journal will be published in JSCI's regular issues. JSCI is indexed by EBSCO, Cabell, DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals), Academic Journals Database, and Google Scholar and listed in Cabell Directory of Publishing Opportunities and in Ulrich’s Periodical Directory.
Jorunal's [sic] reviewers will review the full paper published in the conference proceedings. More details regarding the journal's publication can be found at the CFP posted at the web page given above, at the beginning of this email.
Best regards, IREPS/RC 2018 Organizing Committee
If you wish to be removed from this mailing list, you may unsubscribe here. If you have difficulty with the unsubscribe link, you may also send an e-mail to email@example.com with REMOVE MLCONFERENCES in the subject line. Address: C.C. El Placer II, Suites 5 & 7, Caracas, Venezuela.