|From www.bitcongress.com/companyProfile.asp (12/24/16)
BIT Congress, Inc., a BIT Group Global company, is the largest professional conference organizing and business operating company in China. We have over 500 employees, 60% among which are with master and Ph.D. degree.
Founded in 2003, BIT has organized 300 conferences at home and abroad, and has expanded its operations to include such areas as biotechnology, pharmaceutical, environmental protection, new energy, advanced materials, IT, marine technology, economy, etc.. BIT Congress Inc. has invited over 45 Nobel Prize Laureates and more than 100,000 experts and entrepreneurs to participate in our programs. [← Translation: We spam ad infinitum.]
In 2013, BIT was awarded Foreign Experts Databank of SAFEA-Dalian Subdivision. By taking advantage of over 12,000,000 human resources items in roughly 80 countries, [← Translation: Beats me, but "taking advantage" may be the operative phrase here.] BIT offers services in intelligence, investment and technology for entrepreneurs, governments and institutions. As an industry leader in China, we continuously strive for the transition from scientific research to practical use.
|From Wikipedia (12/24/16)
BIT Life Sciences (or BIT Congress Inc., BIT Group Global Ltd) is a predatory, for profit meetings, incentives, conferencing, exhibitions (MICE) company based in Dalian, China, that specializes in arranging multiple scientific congresses that been accused of being fraudulent and have been described as "predatory". The company is part of a wave of organizations that have appeared in China in past several years noted for arranging congresses with little academic merit and with the primary aim of generating revenue rather than scientific knowledge sharing. [← As postings on OMICS indicate, India offers stiff competition.]
- The Dalian Letters
- Conference to Explode DNA Forensic Analysis Through Alchemy (correspondence accepting a paper on "K-DNA, A Nonoptical Isomer with Strongly Chimerical Properties" discovered "through the technique of alchemy")
- BIT replaces conferences with "empowered products to eliminate the enemy of all mankind, COVID-19"
- Remarks on BIT Conferences from Attendees
- Annual Symposium of Drug Delivery Systems (SDDS)
- Biotechnology World Conference (BWC)
- International Congress of Forensics & Police Tech Expo
- International Congress of Genetics (ICG)
- World Gene Convention (WGC)
- World DNA Day (WDD)
- Alla Katsnelson, Conference Kerfuffle Hits Scientists, The Scientist, Aug. 19, 2009, reports that "Confusion over an upcoming cardiology conference in Shanghai has forced registered scientists and clinicians to fight for reimbursements, including one who faced more than $2000 in spurious credit card charges he suspects are related to the conference. 'This is the strangest thing that I've ever been involved in -- it's very weird,' said C. Richard Conti, a professor of cardiology at the University of Florida and editor-in-chief of Clinical Cardiology ..."
- "Oh my God thank you so much for this post. I am going insane with the mass of invitations I am getting from BIT. I have tried all sorts of approaches and no results, the emails keep coming... at least it is soothing to know they do this with many other people... We just need to stop them somehow." Posted by Ana Rita Simoes to Forensic Science, Statistics & the Law at December 20, 2016 at 9:08 PM [← I wish I knew how. For my futile efforts to extricate myself, see The Dalian Letters.]
- "Well, I can confirm having received the multiple spam from Dalian. As for the 'attendees', I do know Mathias Gaertner, and it would seem unlikely that he would go out to Dalian for this sort of thing. Incidentally, the University of Duesseldorf (as quoted) is in Germany, not in Belgium. Hope this helps ..." Posted by Rolf von Roessing, to Forensic Science, Statistics & the Law June 1, 2016 at 2:57 PM